Wednesday 31 August 2011

A Great Perfume for Autumn - Tolu by Ormonde Jayne


Autumn is nearly upon us and it is time to start thinking of switching from your light flirtatious summer fragrances to the richer and sensuous autumn scents.
Instantly falling in love with Ormonde Jayne’s light floriental Ta’if after a Personal Perfume Portraits session with perfumier Linda Pilkington herself, I’m ready to change (just for the autumn/winter evenings) to the richer oriental Tolu, the second fragrance recommended to me.  
I must admit me and Tolu just didn’t seem the perfect match at first as the top notes of juniper berry, orange blossom and clary sage were just too heady and intense for me. However Linda did advise this perfume took a while to settle, and after a couple of hours I discovered I loved the smell. Then I couldn’t stop breathing in the soft powdery scent and spent all evening with my nose stuck to my wrist!
 Luckily Tolu has a long lasting dry down period so it is worth the wait of a couple of hours for the fragrance to settle.
Top notes: juniper berry, orange blossom and clary sage
Heart:  Orchid, Moroccan Rose and Muguet
Base notes: Tolu (Peruvian resin), Tonka bean, golden frankincense and amber

Tolu is also a favourite of designer Roksana Ilincic.

Available in Parfum, Eau de Parfum , Hydrating bath & shower crème, Essential bathing oil, Replenishing body lotion, scented candle and soon to come Sugar Butter Solid Perfume.

More details on www.ormondejayne.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...