Wednesday 3 August 2016

THE BELSTAFF & LIV TYLER AW16 COLLECTION

This is the first capsule that the American actress has worked on with modern British heritage brand Belstaff, to which she is Ambassador and Creative Contributor.

 “I’d always wanted to create a few timeless classics. Things I have in my closet but wished I designed myself,” says Liv Tyler. “I sought to express strength through the outerwear and leather pieces alongside a more feminine sensual side through the softer materials like silk, and via the more fitted silhouettes of my styles. It’s a celebration of the feminine and masculine rolled into one.”


 A fine leather jacket with a removable collar and a quilted interior is contrasted with blush pussy-bow blouses and fitted under-the-knee riding boots.




A new, more fitted take on the Milford (the coat Belstaff originally created for Benedict Cumberbatch’s Sherlock) has been created in three fabrications, while two nylon parkas come with removable shearling gilets.


New technical fabrications for Belstaff include a protective coated treatment and water-repellent cotton and a lightweight nylon.
 “I have a preference for clothes that are practical and functional but also very luxurious and elegant. I like being able to throw a look together quickly and feel and look my best. I know what works for me and my body, and I try to stick to that” adds Tyler.

The 13 style capsule is available now from Belstaff stores, select department stores and independents and on http://www.belstaff.co.uk/women/collections/liv-tyler/?HP-Hero-Shop

A good part of the collection is made up of outerwear in a nod to Belstaff’s foundations as a brand and to Liv’s own reliance on a great coat to pull a look together whilst adding “a touch of masculinity”. “When I think of Belstaff, I think of great coats that last a really long time and get better and better with age,” adds Liv, who despite the time she spent in the company archive, ended up focusing on the future: “I wanted to create something fresh that every woman would want to add to her closet and keep for many years to come” she concludes.

 The capsule was shot on up and coming model Greta Varlese in Brooklyn’s Red Hook Docks, with Tyler art directing.

. Her second capsule with Belstaff will follow for Spring 17.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...