Saturday 19 December 2015

H&M announces the winner of the H&M Design Award 2016

Hannah Jinkins was announced as the winner of the H&M Design Award 2016.


Jinkins, a graduate from the Royal College of Art, London, was selected from eight finalists by an international jury that included amongst others Kate Bosworth, Olivier Rousteing and Nick Knight. As the H&M Design Award winner, Jinkins receives a one-year mentorship from H&M, a prize sum of €50,000 and the opportunity to develop her winning collection to be sold in selected H&M stores as well as online in autumn 2016.


24-year old Hannah Jinkins, from London, graduated from the Royal College of Art in 2015. Her collection created a balance between tough fabrics like raw denim and inner linings of silk. Her silhouettes are oversized yet feminine, showing a real understanding of the female body
 “I feel very honoured and proud to have won the H&M Design Award. When my name was announced, it was very surreal and I felt quite emotional. I want to start my own label, and winning the award means I can follow my dream,” says Hannah Jinkins, winner of the H&M Design Award 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...